Brother Knights, I hope to rally you to one or more actions. First, our Council will hold a Rosary Prayer service at the Rosary Garden of Holy Cross Cemetery on Monday, June 13th at 6 PM. Please join us in this is beautiful setting to ask our Virgin Mother to intercede for us. I hope you will find the time and interest to join us and please bring your spouse, kids, or friends.
As an added bonus, Neil Newcomb our Director of Cemeteries, has agreed to remain with those interested in learning more about Holy Cross cemetery. Come and learn about points of history as well as its future. Little known nuggets of information will be shared by Neil.
Elections for Council Officers will be held at this month’s meeting. Our meeting will be held at the Holy Cross Cemetery Chapel at 7 PM, following the rosary prayer service.
Brother Gordy LeDuc and I were delegates to the State Knights of Columbus Convention held on Mackinaw Island. An important topic was the developing the Domestic Church; a renewal encouraging family prayer and strengthening the relationship between the KofC and our parish. I will share more convention activity at our meeting. I encourage you to view a video which tells a compelling story regarding a very serious issue facing our society…I think you will find it very poignant if not alarming:
I make my last plea for you to help your council; and you cannot help your council without helping your community, parish and yourself. Have you heard of the “24 HOUR KNIGHT?” Here is how it works:
- 6 hours/year council sponsored church, community, or family pro-life or youth project,
- 4 hours/year with an activity of your choosing (visit nursing home; caroling ; work 2 breakfasts for the benefit of seminarians, selling tootsie rolls for benefit of mentally impaired; or youth competition–spelling bee, free throw, hockey shoot-out, soccer),
- 4 hours/year attending two meetings—enjoy brotherhood and refreshments afterward,
- 4 hours/year with family at a council social function,
- 4 hours/year with family at corporate communion, or prayer service in our parish(es),
- 1 hour/year reading the council bulletin, an visiting council, state, and supreme website,
- 1 hour/year visiting with district insurance agent to confirm your family is protected or to investigate investment options
Check out our website @ http://marquettekofc.org/news/
It has been an honor to serve as Grand Knight for Monsignor Nolan B. McKevitt KofC Council 689.